Clinical Resource Management
Health systems nationwide need a holistic approach to identify inefficiencies along the care continuum that drive up total costs, resource utilization, and length of stay; as well as inappropriate levels of care.
When health systems efficiently move patients smoothly through the system, health care improves. The Quorum Health Resources (QHR) approach brings forward the right practices and processes that enable the health system to achieve optimal outcomes for patients. Today's health systems can improve clinical resource management in three distinct ways:
- Treat patients in the right setting of care, with the right clinical, workforce and supply chain resources
- Ensure appropriate documentation to achieve improved financial performance
- More closely align with physician partners
How We Help Our Clients
We come alongside health systems to determine how they can achieve effective capacity, cost savings, revenue enhancement, operations, and reduction in variation.
With this targeted approach to clinical resource management, QHR helped a large health system in Southern California reduce Length of Stay at one campus by 0.74 excess days per case and 0.58 excess days per case at the other campus. The financial improvements realized because of advances in patient management accountability, care variation, interdisciplinary care coordination, and social work is over $13 million to date.
- Reduction in avoidable admissions
- More appropriate utilization of ICU and Telemetry beds
- Improved processes for discharging patients
- Improved clinical documentation
- Decreased cost of care
- Decreased denials
- Decreased Length of Stay
- Increased case mix index
Want to learn more about QHR's consulting services?