Vice President, Finance
Herb Winters has over 20 years of experience in healthcare.
How can we help?
Herb has gained a wide range of experience while serving as an vice president in the areas of finance, operations, and Board relations at hospitals ranging from 25-200 beds. Herb has also served as CFO at two community not-for-profit hospitals in the Midwest and Southeast for over 12 years. He has also served as a licensed nursing home administrator at a 57-bed facility in Illinois. He has provided leadership and technical expertise to hospitals and other healthcare providers to enable them to become more operationally, and financially viable. As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Herb dedicated 8 years of servicing clients of a national accounting firm. Several of these clients included hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, health departments and physician practices.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Multi-Hospital Operational Management
Strategic Quality Improvement
Multi-Hospital Financial Management
Hospital Financial Operations & Organization
Board Relations & Problem Solving
Market Analysis & Strategy Development
Hospital CFO Evaluation & Selection
Service Contract Negotiations
Hospital Fiscal Department Management
- Muhlenberg Community Hospital,Greenville, KY Chief Financial Officer
- Memorial Hospital and Hancock County Nursing Home, Carthage, IL
Chief Financial Officer
- McGladrey & Pullen, Certified Public Accountants, Burlington, IA
- Bachelor of Business –Accounting
High Honors Graduate
Western Illinois University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Healthcare Financial Management Association