Understanding the importance of clinical documentation is key to the success of a hospital. Medical Record documentation drives hospital futures and it is vital to stay current on healthcare policies that will affect quality measures, contract negotiation, risk management, and reimbursement.
Documentation of medical necessity of services rendered determines payment in the current healthcare environment. This course will assist in determining the importance of Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) in compliance, risk management, quality, coding, and payment regardless of size of medical staff specialty.
- Discuss the importance of Clinical Documentation Integrity
- Describe how documentation plays an important role in supporting medical necessity
- Recognize a collaborative approach to Clinical Documentation Integrity
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical Documentation Professionals
- Coding – Inpatient and Observation Professionals
- Quality Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The QHR Health Learning Institute is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Participants who attend 100% of the program and complete a course evaluation will earn one (1) contact hour.