Get the training and information you need to improve Medicare reimbursements and financial operating results at your Medicare-designated Critical Access Hospital.
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) receive cost-based reimbursement for services rendered to Medicare beneficiaries. Many state Medicaid programs also reimburse on a cost basis with Medicare Advantage Plans, piggy-backing on traditional Medicare interim payment rates. Sound conceptual understanding of the cost-based reimbursement system along with knowledge of the Medicare Cost Reporting forms are essential skills for CAH finance professionals.
This virtual education event is designed to provide CAH finance leaders with a fundamental understanding of the Medicare program’s cost-based reimbursement system, as well as Medicare cost reporting forms and compilation requirements. After attending this program, finance professionals will understand cost reporting basics, as well as strategies to employ to ensure an accurate and complete Medicare cost report and Medicare reimbursement.
- Learn cost-based reimbursement methodology
- Understand Medicare Cost Reports worksheets used to determine Medicare Cost Reimbursement
- Review other issues specific to CAH reimbursement from the Medicare program
- Develop and enhance technical knowledge of reimbursement methodologies, cost reporting requirements, underlying cost reporting, revenues, statistics on cost report forms, and settlement data
- Understand how Medicare costs are calculated within cost report forms, and how the various worksheets are completed
- Knowledge of allowable versus non allowable costs
- Technical understanding of the Medicare cost report forms that allocate general service cost center costs to patient care and non-reimbursable cost centers within the cost report
- Reporting of hospital patient care revenues and patient days statistics
- Reporting of Medicare program revenues, patient statistics, and payment data on the appropriate worksheets and lines within cost report forms
- Appropriate and accepted cost allocation statistics and methodologies within the cost report
Who Should Attend
- Revenue cycle and reimbursement professionals
- Controllers or accounting staff members (and others involved in the cost report compilation process)
- Financial analysts and cost accountants
Participants will receive a copy of QHR Health’s cost report review checklist and handouts to assist with annual cost report compilation process.