Directors, Managers, and other leaders are often not providing visible leadership by routinely spending time in their departments, or best utilizing their time when visiting departments. Without visible leadership, you should expect poor or substandard productivity, low morale, and the inability to improve important daily metrics. Doing a Gemba walk can improve relationships between departments and leadership and help identify problems to increase continuous improvement.
Who Should Attend:
- Nursing Leaders
- Define Gemba and understand the difference between “management by walking around” and becoming a true Gemba coach
- See and understand the current situation in any development
- Guide others to think critically and develop people
- Encourage improvement and sustainment efforts
- Understand the role of the Gemba coach and when to go
- Describe methods to objectively see, measure, or characterize a work process
- Select the best tool to observe and understand a work process
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The QHR Health Learning Institute is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Participants who attend 100% of the program and complete a course evaluation will earn one (1) contact hour.