Converting a physician practice to a Rural Health Clinic (RHC) designation can be an intimidating task, as operating an RHC presents unique billing and reimbursement issues. This 3-part webinar series will discuss the ins and outs of converting or establishing a physician practice as a Medicare-certified rural health clinic. Topics will include:
- Medicare regulations and qualification criteria
- Reimbursement methodology
- Brief overview of certification regulations
- Complex billing and cost reporting issues surrounding a Medicare designated RHC
This series will also include an overview of RHC billing and reimbursement waivers adopted by CMS as a result of the pandemic, waivers recently adopted as permanent payable services when provided in the RHC setting, and new reimbursement limits under the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021.
- Review Medicare regulations related to RHCs
- Recognize qualification and location criteria
- Understand reimbursement methodology
- Grasp complex billing issues: Shared Space, Specialist in the RHC, Population Health Management Billable Services
- Examine cost report forms and cost report compilation requirements
- Understand general process to convert a practice to an RHC
Who Should Attend:
- Rural Hospital and CAH C-Suites and Practice Managers
- Health Care System CEOs and CFOs that own rural hospitals
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Personal
- Accounting and Finance Professionals working with or in rural hospitals or CAHs
In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to the three polling questions asked during each program and complete the evaluation.
Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit per session
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Who Should Attend: Rural Hospital and CAH C Suites and Practice Managers
Health Care System CEOs and CFOs that own rural hospitals
Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Personal
Accounting and Finance Professionals working with or in rural hospitals or CAHs
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
QHR Health Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
QLI may cancel or reschedule a live webinar program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of the original live webinar program.
If QLI cancels a live webinar program, refunds of the webinar registration fee will not be given. However, all current registrants at time of cancellation will obtain a credit to be applied to a future live webinar program of their choice.
For information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or concerns please contact our client support team at 615-371-7979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.