Every year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposes and finalizes new payment regulations and updates other reimbursement policies specific to the Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System. In addition, CMS also annually revises long-standing reimbursement policies.
Join QHR Health’s John Waltko, Vice President of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, as he discusses the financial and reimbursement implications of these regulatory changes that affect hospital reimbursements for outpatient services from the Medicare program. Learn about the Medicare Annual Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System rule and other reimbursement ad payment developments related to hospital outpatient services scheduled to take effect January 1, 2021.
This 2-part webinar series will cover:
- The Medicare program’s annual Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System updates and other finalized policies proposed in July 2020, such as:
- Elimination of the inpatient-only list
- Expansion of ASC covered services
- Physician specialty hospitals
- Site neutral payments
- Cost reporting developments
- Annual rate updates
- HHS’ current policy related to cost reporting of provider relief funds.
- Other select reimbursement and payment changes resulting from CMS policy directives, including federal legislation, landmark court decisions, and changes in policy by CMS that affect Medicare program outpatient reimbursements.
- Understand and prepare for new payment policies and rules for outpatient services provided to Medicare patients, effective January 1, 2021.
- Highlight pertinent litigation impacting outpatient hospital reimbursements.
- Learn about new and or revised payments for pass-through devises and other nuances within the Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
Who Should Attend
- Chief Financial Officers
- Senior Management Officers
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals