Reimbursement regulations are continuously published due to legislation and revised by CMS during the annual rule-making process. Staying abreast of these ongoing changes allows hospitals and other providers to ensure appropriate reimbursements are received, and new payment policies are accounted and received by hospitals.
Join John Waltko, Vice President of QHR Health Regulatory and Financial Reporting, for this reimbursement and regulatory update published in the FINAL Medicare annual Inpatient Prospective Payment System rule.
Significant material reimbursement topics include:
- Medicare Geographic Reclassification filing due on September 1, 2022, and revisions to MGR qualification and filing requirements
- Changes to Medicare Wage Indexes
- Session on Graduate and Indirect Medical Education Reimbursement expansion mandated by the Consolidated Appropriations Act
- Changes in policy, or policy interpretations, by the CMS impacting inpatient reimbursements
- Updated reimbursement rates, Medicare uncompensated care costs and DSH reimbursement, Low Volume Payment Adjustment, Medicare Bad Debts, and innovative technology pass through reimbursements
- Cost reporting developments and other payment policies finalized by CMS that effect the 2022 federal fiscal year reimbursements
- Any recent federal legislation or landmark court decisions impacting Medicare inpatient reimbursement
- Review updates to the Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System affecting hospital reimbursements in federal fiscal year 2022 and future years
- Learn proposed rate increases for Medicare prospective payment systems
- Hear updates to Uncompensated Care Costs reimbursement, Low Volume Payment Adjustment applications and other CMS policy proposals affecting hospital inpatient reimbursements
- Determine the Medicare Uncompensated Care Reimbursement amount for the next fiscal year
Who Should Attend:
- Senior Management and Officers
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to the three polling questions asked during the program and complete the evaluation.
Participants will earn up to 2.0 CPE credits.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Who Should Attend: CFOs, Senior Management and Officers, Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
QHR Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
QLI may cancel or reschedule a live webinar program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of the original live webinar program.
If QLI cancels a live webinar program, refunds of the webinar registration fee will not be given. However, all current registrants at time of cancellation will obtain a credit to be applied to a future live webinar program of their choice.
For information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or concerns please contact our client support team at 615-371-7979 or email@example.com.