Don’t miss our live webinar series with QHR Health’s John Waltko, Vice President, Regulatory and Financial Reporting, covering the proposed rules regarding Medicare Physician Fee Schedules; released on July 7th, 2022, by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The 2023 proposed PFS rule is packed full of multiple reimbursement revisions impacting physician practices, rural health clinics and other billing practitioners. Some of these revisions present revenue opportunities for all practitioners with an eye toward improving health equity throughout the United States.
This webinar will consist of a discussion of major regulatory developments impacting physician reimbursement and compliance efforts, including:
- An update to CMS PFS Schedule Conversion rate and overview of Evaluation and Management Services adopted in 2019 and implemented on January 1, 2021
- Revised coding and documentation definitions plus revised interpretive guidance on Medical Decision Making, use of MDM or time for code selection and other adopted revisions
- CMS payment policy proposals effective January 1, 2022, related to following:
- One year delay of Split (Shared) patient visits by physician and non-physician practitioners’ criteria set for implementation on January 1, 2023. CMS proposals for revisions to split or shared visits definitions
- New Behavioral Health billable service along with new pricing for Opioid Treatment Programs bundled payments
- New covered and payable services including dental services, expanded colorectal cancer screening, audiology services and others
- Clarification and revisions to chronic care management services, skin substitutes, rural health clinics All inclusive rate setting and certain telehealth provisions
- CMS revisions to preventive vaccination administration reimbursement rates and other clarifications related to COVID-19 vaccinations
- New population health payable services in the physician practice and multiple revisions impacting Rural Health Clinic and Federally Qualified Health Centers service delivery and reimbursements
- Other coverage and payment policy revisions being proposed by CMS impacting physicians and other providers reimbursed under the Medicare physician fee schedules
- Learn CMS payment policy changes and payment opportunities for physician practices proposed in the annual Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule (PFS)
- Understand CMS payment policy changes discussed and set for implementation on January 1, 2023, in the PFS proposed rule
- Review other CMS proposed regulations and policy changes impacting physician practices and rural health clinic reimbursements
- Review other final CMS changes affecting physician practice reimbursement
Who Should Attend:
- CFOs, Controllers, Finance and Accounting Professionals
- Senior Management and Officers
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
- Physician Practice Managers and Directors
In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to the three polling questions asked during each program and complete the evaluation.
Participants will earn up to 1.5 CPE credit per session
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of Medicare Reimbursement and Payment Methodologies
Who Should Attend: CFOs, Controllers, Finance and Accounting Professionals, Senior Management and Officers, Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals?
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
QHR Health Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
QLI may cancel or reschedule a live webinar program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of the original live webinar program.
If QLI cancels a live webinar program, refunds of the webinar registration fee will not be given. However, all current registrants at time of cancellation will obtain a credit to be applied to a future live webinar program of their choice.
For information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or concerns please contact our client support team at (615) 371-7979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.