Learn about the Medicare Annual Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System rule and other reimbursement developments that will take effect on January 1, 2022.
Join QHR Health’s John Waltko, Vice President of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, as he explains and discusses the implications of the proposed changes that affect hospital reimbursements for outpatient services from the Medicare program.
This 2-part webinar series will cover the Medicare program’s annual Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System update and will include other proposals that effect outpatient reimbursements, cost reporting issues and COVID-19 issues addressed by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) within the proposed rule. President Biden’s administration is reversing some of the previous administrations polices and is implementing new policies that will go into effect on January 1, 2022.
- Identify new reimbursement rate increases for inpatient and outpatient services going into effect between October 1, 2021 and January 1, 2022
- Review proposed changes to hospital pricing transparency requirements and non-compliance penalties
- Understand surprise billing regulations intended to reduce all patient liabilities when receiving services from out of network providers
- Hear an overview summary of the Rural Emergency Hospital (REH), a new provider type created by Section 125 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. CMS is requesting comments on REH Conditions of Participation, outpatient services that should be allowed in the REH setting and variety of other topics that will determine REH reimbursements and operations. REH will be able to enroll in the Medicare program in CY 2023.
- Learn about new and/or revised payments for pass through devises, 340B drug payment policy, reestablishment of the inpatient only list and other nuances within the Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Financial Officers
- Senior Management Officers
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to the three polling questions asked during each program and complete the evaluation.
Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit per session
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Who Should Attend: Chief Financial Officers, Senior Management Officers, Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
QHR Health Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
QLI may cancel or reschedule a live webinar program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of the original live webinar program.
If QLI cancels a live webinar program, refunds of the webinar registration fee will not be given. However, all current registrants at time of cancellation will obtain a credit to be applied to a future live webinar program of their choice.
For information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or concerns please contact our client support team at (615) 371-7979 or email@example.com.