Determining appropriate clinic staffing can be difficult when considering the variable productivity of individual providers, practice specialty, and necessary skill mix. Without taking a data- and benchmark-driven approach, the result may be a provider staffing structure that is inefficient, inflexible, and does not meet organizational goals or support patient demand for services.
This course will provide an overview of the data and tools available to help practice leaders determine appropriate staffing levels in their clinic settings based on workforce and provider productivity measurements. We will also provide analysis on how we expect staffing assessment to be affected long-term due to COVID-19’s ongoing impact on healthcare organizations.
Participants will learn how to:
- Define key productivity measures for providers and support staff
- Recommend benchmarking tools based on industry standards for assessing appropriate staffing
- Describe how organizations set productivity targets
- Outline ways to monitor productivity and performance toward targets
Who Should Attend:
- Physician Practice Leaders (Executive and Managerial)
- Physician/Clinical Leaders