In today’s health care environment, a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has a large role in the overall success of the hospital. In the past, the CFO was primarily responsible for tracking and reporting the financial health of the hospital. Today’s CFO, in addition to having financial expertise, must be an effective strategist, team builder and communicator.
Do you have all the tools necessary to meet these new job expectations?
Join QHR’s operations and finance experts for CFO development education in an intensive, hands-on learning environment. The program is designed to develop both new and aspiring CFOs, as well as refresh the skills of CFOs with years of experience.
Who Should Attend:
- Hospital CFOs
- New and aspiring hospital CFOs
- Hospital Controllers
- Finance Directors
- Assistant CFOs
Participants will benefit from:
- A fresh perspective on the current role of a CFO
- Tips and resources to further your career as a hospital CFO
- A better understanding and appreciation of the critical relationship with your PFS/HIM team
- Networking with peers and experts in their field
- The CFO’s Role in Strategic Planning
- Healthcare Reform & Reimbursement Issues for CFOs
- Financial Improvement Process
- CFO Practices – For Your Hospital
- Balance Sheet Management
- The Role of Finance in Compliance Efforts
- Board Presentations: Tips & Tools for Presenting Financial Information Effectively
- Physician Practice Performance
- Service Line Analysis
- Best Practices for Leading Your Revenue Cycle Team
- And more!
Click on an instructor’s name to view their bio:
- Mike Johns – Division Vice President and Finance Practice Leader
- Sam Brown – Regional Vice President, Finance
- John Waltko – Vice President, Regulatory and Financial Reporting
- Tomi Hagan – Manager, Compliance
- Jody Pigg – Associate Vice President, Finance
- Theresa Lewis – Director, Physician Services
- Eric Jones – Associate Vice President, Integrated Resource Group
- Dan Hobbs – Senior Consultant, Revenue Cycle
- Michele Mayes – Senior Vice President, Consulting
- Tony Bramer – Vice President, Quorum Purchasing Advantage
Register below. In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present, registering your attendance and departure on the attendance sheets at the registration desk.
Participants will earn 16.5 CPE credits
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Who Should Attend: Hospital CFOs, New and aspiring hospital CFOs, Hospital Controllers, Finance Directors, Assistant CFOs
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Live
- Key things to know in the role of CFO
- The CFO’s role in strategic planning
- Revenue cycle best practices
- Reimbursement issues and pitfalls to avoid
- How to make good Board presentations as a CFO
Quorum Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Refunds and Cancellations:
QLI may cancel or reschedule a classroom program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation or rescheduled date at least thirty (30) days in advance of the original classroom program. If QLI cancels or reschedules a classroom program, the registrant is entitled to:
- a full refund of the registration fee, or
- the right to transfer the registration fee to the rescheduled classroom program date
You must notify customer service immediately should you be unable to attend a classroom program in which you are registered.
Customer service may be reached at (615) 371-7979 or firstname.lastname@example.org from 8:30am – 4:30pm CST, Monday through Friday.
Due to the nature of live events, refunds of registration fees are not covered.
QLI will not be responsible for refunding any travel related expenses in the event of a classroom program cancellation or rescheduling.
We do offer the following:
NON-QUORUM AFFILIATED ATTENDEES
- If your cancellation is received fifteen (15) business days or more prior to the start of the event, we will provide a credit to your account to be used on any future eligible classroom event. This credit will be good for up to one (1) year from the date of cancellation.
- Participant(s) who cancel less than fifteen (15) business days prior to the event start date will be considered “no shows” and will not be eligible for a registration fee credit.
QUORUM AFFILIATED ATTENDEES
- Select QLI classroom programs are included in Quorum affiliate contracts and may not have up-front registration fees. However, Quorum affiliates will be assessed a fee of $150.00 for cancellation within fifteen (15) business days of the event. This fee is charged to offset the hard costs incurred by QLI for meals and course materials.
- For classroom programs which incur paid registration fees for affiliated attendees, the same non-affiliated attendee cancellation policy applies.
For more information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or grievances please contact our client support team at (615) 371-7979 or email@example.com.
Need approval from your manager to register?
This letter template can help justify your trip and explain why it’s important that you attend. Customize to make it your own and send it to your supervisor.
- Day 1
October 29, 2018
1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Day 2
October 30, 2018
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Day 3
October 31, 2018
7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Quorum Conference Center
Venue Phone: 615-371-7979 or Toll-Free: 800-233-1470Address: