Leading from the Middle: Core Skills for Success
September 11 - 12 | Brentwood, TN
7:30 AM - 5:15 PM CST
7:30 AM - 5:15 PM CST
When searching for new Department Leaders, organizations often look internally for outstanding performers. These top performers are accustomed to the pressures and effort of their current role; however they are frequently promoted without additional leadership training or support. This can make navigating daily leadership expectations and requirements difficult.
QHR’s training is designed to further develop the skills required to meet new challenges, build your confidence and transfer your level of excellence to a new role. Improve your ability to develop and execute plans efficiently, juggle competing responsibilities, and learn how to self-correct when necessary.
This course will provide guidance to both the middle manager facing new day-to-day challenges, and the senior leader/trainer that is developing the next generation of leaders. Discussion topics will include:
- Fair Culture
- Setting clear expectations to aid in staff accountability
- Hiring and keeping the right team members
- Interviewing techniques
- Annual evaluations and review of competencies
- Workforce Efficiency
- Scheduling the right staff at the right time
- Effective communication and conflict resolution
- Working within a budget – Operational / Capital
- Meaningful ways to request departmental needs
- Continuous Process Improvement / Survey Readiness
- Connecting to the strategic plan
- Departmental Continuous Survey Readiness
- The Patient Experience
- Where it begins
- How each department impacts the patients / families perception of the healthcare organization
- What it means to work within the definition of Fair Culture
- How to hire and retain the right team members
- How to staff effectively
- How to communicate effectively and facilitate conflict resolutions
- How to identify key budgetary needs and work within the constraints of a budget
- How to lead teams in continuous process improvement and survey readiness
- How to enhance the patient / family experience
Who Should Attend
- Department Leaders – Clinical and Non-Clinical
- HR Directors
QHR Learning Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Participants who attend at least 85% of the program and complete a course evaluation will earn up to 15.0 contact hours.
Note: Certificates will be posted on the program website within one week of program completion.
Presenters for this event:
This event will feature some of the best and brightest we have to offer. Click on a presenter’s name to view their bio:
Need help making a case to attend this event?
Download this letter template. It can help explain to your management team why it’s important for you to attend. Just customize it and send it to your supervisor.