Reimbursement & Regulatory Update: Outpatient PPS Final Rule & PFS Proposed Rules 2-part Series
December 10-11, 2019 | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM CST
Learn about the Medicare Annual Outpatient Prospective Payment System and other developments impacting hospital outpatient reimbursements that will take effect on January 1, 2020.
Medicare program reimbursement and payment regulations are continuously evolving. Every year the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) proposes and then finalizes new payment rules for the Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System. Join QHR’s John Waltko, Vice President of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, as he explains and discusses the implications of these final reimbursement changes that affect hospital reimbursements from the Medicare program as well as compliance issues.
This 2-part webinar series will cover:
- The Medicare program’s annual Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System update
- Other select reimbursement and payment changes resulting from CMS policy directives will be highlighted, including:
- Federal legislation
- Landmark court decisions
- Changes in policy by the CMS that affect Medicare program outpatient reimbursements
- If finalized, the CMS provider-based shared space definition and how it affects provider-based clinics and departments of hospitals
Who should attend?
- Chief Financial Officers
- Senior Management Officers
- Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
- Understand and prepare for new payment policies and rules for outpatient services provided to Medicare patients that become effective on January 1, 2020
- Understand CMS’ new Pricing Transparency requirements
- Understand and prepare for other regulatory changes affecting reimbursements under the outpatient PPS
- Understand new policy developments affecting provider-based designations and other special reimbursements such as pass-throughs, innovative devises, additions and deletions from the inpatient-only list
In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to the three polling questions asked during each program and complete the evaluation.
Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit per session
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Who Should Attend: Chief Financial Officers, Senior Management Officers, Revenue Cycle and Reimbursement Professionals
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Quorum Learning Institute (QLI) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
QLI may cancel or reschedule a live webinar program at its discretion due to unforeseen circumstances. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registrants of the cancellation at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of the original live webinar program.
If QLI cancels a live webinar program, refunds of the webinar registration fee will not be given. However, all current registrants at the time of cancellation will obtain a credit to be applied to a future live webinar program of their choice.
For information regarding refunds, program cancellation policies and/or concerns please contact our client support team at (615) 371-7979 or email@example.com.
Presenters for this event:
This event will feature some of the best and brightest we have to offer. Click on a presenter’s name to view their bio:
Don't Miss Out on Our Upcoming Education
Subscribe now to our QHR Learning Institute updates to get more information about our upcoming boot camps and webinars!