Friday, September 6, 2019 | 10:30 am - 11:30 am CST
Learn how the Gemba walk can improve productivity, morale and daily metrics.
In today’s busy world, it’s all too often we find a lack of visible leadership in departments. This can lead to poor or substandard productivity, low morale, and the inability to improve important daily metrics.
The Gemba walk can change that! Add this simple but powerful tool to your leadership arsenal!
The Gemba walk, along with process observations, will help you develop your people and change a culture where performance improvements become the norm.
Join QHR’s Terry Norris as he defines Gemba Walks, describes how to see and understand the current situation i.e., the process (purpose, steps, reliability), identify process waste, and recognize successes. The webinar will outline the role of the Gemba coach, and how the coach can guide others to think critically, encourage improvement and sustainment efforts.
Who should attend?
- Nurses and other Leaders
Participants will Learn
- Go to the Gemba (the place where the work is performed) and why it is so vitally important
- Understand the difference between management by walking around and becoming a true Gemba coach
- See and understand the current situation in any department
- Guide others to think critically and develop people
- Encourage improvement and sustainment efforts
- Describe methods to objectively see, measure, or characterize a work process
- Select the best tool to observe and understand a work process
Presenters for this event:
This event will feature some of the best and brightest we have to offer. Click on a presenter’s name to view their bio:
Don't Miss Out on Our Upcoming Education
Subscribe now to our QHR Learning Institute updates to get more information about our upcoming boot camps and webinars!