QHR Health News
QHR Health Presents Critical Access Hospital Boot Camp to Improve Reimbursement and Operating Results
BRENTWOOD, TN – QHR Health, a leading shared service solutions provider for independent hospitals and health systems nationwide, is presenting the Critical Access Hospital (CAH) Reimbursement & Medicare Cost Reporting Boot Camp, Tuesday, October 25 – Friday, October 28 at the QHR Health Conference Center in Brentwood, TN.
Taught by QHR Health’s John Waltko, Vice President, Regulatory and Financial Reporting, Michael Donahue, Associate Vice President, Healthcare Finance and Reimbursement, and Jody Pigg, Vice President, Finance Practice, the in-person, educational program will deliver the training and information needed to help critical access hospitals improve their Medicare reimbursements and financial operating results.
The boot camp is presented in two sessions and will focus on:
Qualifying, Strategy & Reimbursement Session – October 25 – 26
- Principles of cost-based reimbursement
- Understanding the Medicare cost report
- Physician reimbursement systems and Medicare certified rural health clinics
- Medicare participation requirements and reimbursement implications
- Impact of reimbursement on critical access hospital operations
- Understanding the cost reporting and certification processes
Cost Reporting Session – October 27 – 28
- Technical knowledge of reimbursement methodologies and underlying reporting
- Navigating major worksheets included in the Medicare cost report
- Understanding Medicare cost calculations
- Reporting of Medicare program revenues, patient statistics and payment data appropriately
- Cost allocation methodologies and statistics within the cost report
- Tactics to improve Medicare cost-based reimbursement
The CAH Reimbursement & Medicare Cost Reporting Boot Camp is designed to provide CAH finance leaders, accounting personnel and revenue cycle professionals with a fundamental understanding of the Medicare program’s cost-based reimbursement system, the Medicare cost reporting forms and the compilation requirements. The course will also review reporting tactics and strategies that ensure CAHs receive the cost-based reimbursement they are legally entitled to receive. After attending the program, attendees will understand cost reporting basics and reporting strategies to employ in their organization to ensure an accurate and complete Medicare cost report and reimbursement.
Attendees will receive up to 26.1 CPE credits depending on session participation.
ABOUT QHR HEALTH
At QHR Health, our focus is strengthening independent community healthcare. For more than 40 years, QHR Health has collaborated with independent hospitals and health systems to ensure that people in communities, ranging from small towns to larger population centers, have local access to quality healthcare services. Through our portfolio of tech-enabled shared services, QHR Health helps independent hospitals outperform their peers in financial, operational and quality metrics through leverage and economies of scale. To learn how, visit QHR.com (https://qhr.com) or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.